|Structure of Academy
The Stavropol State Medical Academy was founded in 1938. Nowadays,
after seven decades it is the largest educational, scientific and methodical
center of medicine in the North Caucasus. About 4 000 Russian and more
than 600 foreign students from 27 countries of the world are trained at its
four faculties: General Medicine, Paediatrics, Dentistry and Higher
Nursing Education. In general, there are 7 faculties in the Academy
including besides stated above, the Preparatory Course and the
Postgraduate Faculty, and also the Faculty of Improvement of
Professional Skills of teachers of medical schools and colleges.
Our graduates – highly skilled experts who work in different places of our
country and abroad are the trademark of the Academy. Many of them
head scientific research institutes, laboratories, faculties and higher
schools chairs. More than 30 thousand physicians have graduated from
the Academy during the years of its existence.
The Academy has a new modern scientific library, which numbers about
500 000 copies of books and periodicals; it has its own editions, the
Academy newspaper «Medicus» and a scientific-practical magazine.
«Pulse of Medicine».
Since 1961, our Academy has been training national medical staff for the
countries of Asia, Africa and Latin America, the countries of the CIS.
Lecture-rooms, laboratories and libraries do not limit the student’s life.
Academy has 4 students' hostels with 1826 places, a sports complex with
a swimming pool, gyms and sauna. The Academy has its own sports camp
on the Black Sea coast of the North Caucasus, where 240 people have a
rest every year. In December 2004, the Ministry of Education of Russia
has inspected all activity spheres of the Academy. According to the
results of inspection the License (reg. # 1551 22.01.2004) and the State
Accreditation Certificate (reg. # 1778 28.02.2005) were given. Beginning
with 2005 English-speaking students from abroad are taught in English
what enables them to begin studies without preliminary training at the
The Stavropol State Medical Academy belongs to the 5 leading higher
medical institutions of Russia and takes the 2nd place among the higher
educational establishments of South Federal District. The activity of the
Academy has been marked by high international award «Earthmaker»
(determining the person of planet), which testifies belonging to community
of world leaders of various industries, sciences, cultures and national
health services. The Academy was awarded with the Diploma and the
Gold Medal as the winner of the competitions «The European Quality» in
the nomination of «100 Best Higher Schools», the Kannes Silver Medal
«For Dynamic Development" and the title «Flagman of XXI Century«, the
Gold Medal of International Biography Center and the Gold Diploma of
World Sciences International Forum.
|About Stavropol / Rector's Greeting /
Structure of Academy / Structure of Training /
Admission / Why Study at Stavropol?